R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't want to ban any car. I want to see innovation and variation just like the real F1 world but within a set of rules that limits certain things as the UF1 rules do. What I want to see is a set of rules (enforced) that states a max width, wheelbase, minimum weight AND maximum weight, motor/esc combo set such as blinky mode 21.5, rubber tires, an F1 style body and wings and F1 style wheels, and that's it. It actually seems that the UF1 rules basically do state this with the exception of the max weight. I say follow the rules rather than have local interpretations changing everyday based on someone's mood or personal opinion. It eliminates so many problems.

The newest drama in the Houston scene was mention today that silver can 540 brushed motors be banned and only 21.5 brushless allowed. That means that everyone that just bought a Tamiya car to run must also change the motor. Not sure if they are going to enforce that one or not though. Like the paint rule it too would be asinine so hopefully they won't go there. If they enforce that then the next rule that would probably be made is that everyone needs to have blond hair and blue eyes.

If UF1 rules are followed then the rest should be fair game which means if you want to custom build your own car, as long as it fits in those rules, it's ok to run. If you want to modify your car and change things around, as long as it fits within those rules, it's ok. If you want to run a real paint scheme or a fantasy one, you can . It's simple. These rules are the perfect rules for the class to encourage new people. If you guys haven't noticed by now, there is more than one person on the fence about even entering a class that has a strict paint policy and I guarantee there are others that aren't speaking up on a forum.