R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Odin544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

If a width rule were strictly enforced and wasn't changed then manufacturers would stop making cars that dont fit the bill for the most part. People would be less likely to buy a car if they werent able to race it anywhere, leading manufacturers to produce cars that would actually sell and be raced. Look what happened with the serpent when it had nowhere to run.

I dont agree with banning the FGX. Its an interesting car. But from what I've read its made of glass unless you replace over half of it. I think the proper thing to do would be to make it run with the 200mm cars. As it didnt fit the 180mm and under rule. But it does fit the 200mm and under rule.

But the rule has already been changed. So the problem no one wanted has already been started.

ANY paint scheme COULD happen on an F1 car. There is no rule in real F1 that says your car must be painted this way or that. Just like there should be no rule in RC F1. Realistic paint schemes should be encouraged sure. The realism is a big draw to F1. But I sure as hell wouldnt pay someone $175-200 for an RC car body if I couldnt paint it myself. My last F1 body cost me over $100 when it was all done. I'm okay with that because I enjoy doing them. I've always enjoyed doing models as well. But you cant force someone who may not have the skills or patience to spend that kind of money to have someone do it. That will destroy the class and drive people away.