R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-20-2012, 07:28 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quinn
Yeah, but don't you sell that?

Couple of these wouldn't fly in our rules:
- it has to mirror a real F1 car - no "believable," or "could have existed"
- no vintage liveries on new bodies; the livery has to match the shape of the body

I'm no funky paint guy but would love to do some "believable," or "could have existed."

Edit - So will you be offering more vintage decals?
Quinn, who is your race promoter? Are they on RC Tech. The majority of us would like to have a word with him/them. As someone who really loves this class, I'm sorry for you. My feelings on paint are keep it simple. I'm in the process of finishing out my Mercedes look-a-like with BP's stickers, but because I want to. It is more important to have the correct wheels and tires and the right width to match your track rules.(That is another can of worms.) I like to make mine look like real F1 cars, but that is because I'm a modeler at heart. I still do not have what I would call a concourse body as I race them. Our track rules on bodies were always simple: Painted body, with a head. As far as other stickers, I've used the Decal Island sets and they hold up well.