R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Quinn
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
The local class here wants only real F1 paint schemes. I don't want to run one of them.
I'm about to start running out there too, and the paint requirement is really the only thing I don't like about the whole thing. In my case it's going to cost me $100 just to keep up with image requirements. In addition it keeps us from doing cool stuff (to me) like flat black, carbon fiber wrap, free RC car decals.

I bought all used stuff that came with 3 bodies, but none are painted "correctly" to match a real car. So, to make my car meet the requirements I'm looking a $40 body, $35 decals to match real F1, plus paint, shipping, etc.).

This series brought me back into RC cars after nearly 25 years without a rig. I'll end up paying what I need to, but I'd hate the image costs to keep someone else, who wants to buy used or has an old car collecting dust with "incorrect" paint, from entering. Like I said, its the only thing I don't like about the series, and runs contrary to the best thing I like - the low budget.

Hell, I may end up being a terrible 2WD pilot, and then my $100 image costs will really suck.