R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
dirtman71
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh man....raced my M-05 for the first time last weekend what a blast. Even if I screwed things up. Normaly there are like 10 mini's but Sun they had 23. the first heat I got in only 2-3 laps before I lost a rear wheel nut. they got the wheel back on and found the nut, but over tightened the nut so it just pulled to the right. Oh well.

the 2nd heat went much better. after a few laps started to get a feel for it and started pushing it a bit. I was suprised at how hard I could push it. I could run WOT through everyting but like 2 corners. Still had a hard time keeping a tight line. I finished 4th. but my times were all over the place. up to 6 sec. last 5 laps were within a sec though. but I was still 5 sec per lap off of the fast guys

made it to the b main and broke a c hub and couldnt steer about 3 laps in, finished in 10th out of 13.

here is something I noticed. We are all running silver cans, but in the second heat i was getting passed on the straights. I just didnt have the top end that some of these guys had. I was running the sweeps @ 55mm compaired to the 60d's. Maybe they ran the highspeed gears. I know some of them are serious about the silver cans and they have found the fastest motors

all I know is I have to find more top end and work on my line