R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 05:24 PM
Steve Weiss
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Hi, this post got passed. If anyone could give their best answer I would appreaciate it

Also I was curious if someone could define what roll centers go in order from lowest to highest

I know the 0 is the longest but when you change holes in the bulkhead which then in that order do they become higher or lower

For instance: 0B, 1B, 2B, etc but when does the 2A and 3A come close to the same as 0B

Hope that makes sense

I just am trying to wrap my head around when to go to A with the higher roll centers from where B is as low as you can go
Regarding your post on the tire question... that's a difficult question to answer because every tire and situation is a little different.

Tell tale signs that a tire is probably "done" is when the inside edge of your fronts is visibly far more worn than the rest of the tire.

When the tire itself gets very thin that's also another sign that it's probably time to get a new set!

In certain situations these tires can still provide good lap times... but oftentimes they are less consistant than newer tires will be.

Now once those situations are out of the way is when it gets a little bit more difficult to determine when to move to a new set of tires:

Generally on carpet, tires tend to break in get better after several runs... on asphalt, this can be the exact opposite: Usually your first run or two will be the best that the tires will be...then performance will start to drop off.

There are of course, exceptions to this general guideline... and I would definately pick the brains of the local fast guys at your local tracks to try to get as much tire info for your particular track as possible.

There are certain situations on carpet or sometimes high bite indoor asphalt tracks where a tire can be "over sauced" and start to act funny... this generally only happens if you happen to run a lot of runs on the tire in a relatively short period of time... sometimes these tires can "come back" if they are left to dry out a bit... if I think this is happening I'll switch to another set of tires and keep the tires in question around to try out another day.

Hope this helps a little bit!