R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Jmuck69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idrummerboy13
this car is really tempting and I may just fall off the a.e slope. Maybe i just had a bad day bc usually my stuff feels real good but this car is really solid looking.

Jmuck ik u switched from b4.1 to this, what are the pros and cons? part breaks? shocks? diffs?

I would like a car that is easier to push harder.
I'm loving this car. The diff is solid and smooth but does not like ceramics as the main diff balls, carbide is the answer. Shocks are butter smooth! I have broken a rear a arm and a front shock tower. Parts are actually less expensive than the B4, but parts availability is spotty. This can be pushed harder and has steering out the ying-yang without breaking loose. It rotates on a dime. Cons are the turnbuckles. Some people have been popping ballcups, but this can be solved by using AE TC5 ballstuds and RPM longshank ball ends. The Ackerman plate is flimsy, recommend the FTW or Tresrey CF piece. The 210 is ass heavy but can be balanced by running a full-sized lipo all the way forward. Pulling a transmission can be a process and definitely not quick like a B4. But the tranny is smooth and bullet proof. Try to see if you can run someone's locally to try. But be careful, you might like it.