Thread: Tamiya Ta06
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Travis S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Are you sure these values are usable?

It seems that you leave the suspensions on the car, so the scales are displaying the tweak and not the mass repartition... Because your spring could have different pre-constraints..

Don't you think so?
This might be true. I just did the same thing but without the springs on the shocks. (I assume this would be more accurate.) The front was about the same. 305-310g range each side. Within a couple g's the rear was off more then I thought. The speedo side was about 45g more around 385g vs 345g on the other side. I would have thought the motor mount would account for more weight, but I guess not.

I will be moving my speedo to the front like they recommend. I just didn't like how long the wires need to be for that and mine were not currently very long from a past car. However, it would let me take out the weights I have there currently and should make it closer to 50/50.

A bit more: I guess the only really accurate way I can think of to measure this is if I had solid links where the shocks go so it had no give. I can tell from both ways with/without the springs that the rear is about 50g more at each rear wheel then the fronts in my current setup.

Last edited by Travis S; 02-09-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: More info