R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 AM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Most were similar. Haynes ran a completely off the wall setup on his car and I applied part of it to my car for the main and deff was better for me. He had super stiff front springs versus all the rest of us running super soft. It deff worked for him though! Hagberg had a little different setup as well with a super narrow rear and really soft all around. Paul is always different than anyone else. Dave Johnson was really close to stock setup with his car other than some shock angles.

EA
Best example of how you can go fast different ways. I looked at Haynes car and was surprised how stiff the car was. It did work. Front was stiff and back was bit softer with a loose top deck. I think arguably he is one of the top carpet guys in the US and a great setup guy. There are a lot 'wheels' in RC but Haynes manages to prove that half of the execution is the setup. Will have to use some of that thinking in the A700. We need a better flow of that type of thinking with this car state-side or it is going to be short run.

Good run btw. Your stuff looked strong the entire week.