R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2002, 07:17 AM
TPhalen
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dw- thanks for the input.

I did put on the opening page that MOST of the tuning IS affected by the rest of the setup, and that while changing one thing should give the posted effect, it may be a little different according to the rest of the setup.

I also understand that it's a bit simple. That was the idea. People like you that have a good understanding would definitely find it simple and boring, and could add much more (as you have) to explain it better, but I would have to say that 75% of the people out there don't REALLY know what caster or camber or ackerman is, or what it will do to a setup. This was supposed to be a general notion that you could play with to come to your own conclusions. And, of course, the problem of off road vs. on road. I know that in some cases what happens in on road is totally different than what happens in off road. I need to fix that, but I haven't run off road in so long I don't know if I remember what does what.

Last point, these tips are based on what I feel the car does when I make the change. I run weekly with some of the fastest drivers in the world and, while this doesn't necessarily make me right, it is based on my opinion and what the other drivers I run with have said. Again, different setups might reflect different results.

Thanks for your input though. I will get back out there and try to do some more testing in the off road forum to add that to the site.