Thread: Hot Bodies TCX
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Jo90uk
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by olhipster1
+1
nothing else needed.
I run the Roche spool with Tamiya 46mm steel shafts. It is harder wearing than the HB item and looks a touch better to.

I dont think you need to run the Pro4 front arms, though I do find they are better when hitting a barrier they also end up producing to much front end grip though as they are not as harder composite as the standard TCX one's.

Always run 3 hole 1.1mm pistons, never run with hole in cap as most UK indoor tracks need a very responsive car to change of direction.

Love the car though, best car I have driven since coming into touring, and have driven 4 different cars so far over the years. The fact the car hasnt changed much in the last 2 or so years shows it is a good design.

Noted on the Hara though there is no steering brace. I tried this and found the steering to not be as accurate lap by lap.

Like the servo post/LiPo stopper, that is a good idea, and simple. Needas something the other end. I ended up using two cut down composite servo posts, one screwed into the spare hole in the chassis towards the motor, the other is screwed under the ariel mount. Keeps the LiPo off the belt, but bring it in by about 4mm and gets the weight left to right spot on perfect with a TekinRS, MMM, Savok low Profile and IP5800 LiPo's.