R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Pokey72
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Assmebly Tips

You will need to pre thread the all the holes or add a light oil to each screw. The plastic parts have no intrnal threads and trust me - your hands and finger will get sore if you plan to build for a few hours. A drill at low speed will help, but stop as soon as you feel it getting tight or you'll strip out your parts!

You will find the motor screws a challange to get to depending on the pinion gear/spur gear combo.

I had a problem with mine where the spur gear rubs the rear pulley. I had to shim the two further apart....some guys build it the way the instructions say to and have no problems..others say they touch and even sand the pulley down just slightly. After the belts stretch you can move it further apart.

The diffs will seem very tight but will loosen up after a bit as well.

Buy yourself a T2 / T3 bumper...or a TC5 bumper. I upgraded mine becuase the stock bumper is soft and has some memory to it...it will get stuck down and cause steering and ride height problems.

Be carefull to set the droop and ride height properly too. Take your time setting hte car up. It will pay off.

Good bang for the buck car...I have two now! You don't really need all the hop ups unless you take your racing VERY serious.