R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Searching for a ~$450 basher (truggy, most likely)
Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 PM
IROC-AR15
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (94%+)

Here's my input as I've owned two of the ones mentioned here. One my first truggies was a TTR ST1. Great basher, tough as nail never broke a thing, handles decently and parts are cheap and easy to come by online plus has a 2-speed available for it. I currently have a MBX5T (2) brushless and nitro, I'll have to disagree if someone says its just a good for basher and not a competitive racer. It handles great, way better than the ST1, parts are easy and cheap also imo, it's a lot more durable than the 6T though the 6T will out maneuver it. As for what you're asking it all boils down to personally preference between the Kyosho and TTR truggies. I will note this though, with the ST1, you'll have to get a wing mount kit for it as it only comes with a spoiler attached to the rear deck of the body where as with the Kyosho you get 2.4ghz radio, more fuel friendly .25, rear wheel mud guards,clean black rims, and the KE25 engine has a unique system in which once the motor is started that are no moving parts that connects the pull start with the crank in effect giving you a backplate type engine minus the added weight but will still help you spool up faster.
Me and a few other guys are actually holding a conversation about the Kyosho Inferno Neo ST at this thread. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ce-basher.html
There's a guy there that just got the truck recently in the mail and gives a pretty good run down on the whole truggy. Also you can get it for $399 from ultimatehobbies.com

Hopes this helps and whatever you choose enjoy it. Remember it's you that has to drive it not us so just follow your heart.