R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 03:12 AM
rccartips
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
I see your Alfa Giulia GTA body is nice and clean I just painted up a new one as well. Top half is light blue, bottom half is white... I can't bring myself to run it, looks too clean.. for now it will be used only for concours
I rarely run it myself. And if I do I make sure I'm alone on the track.

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
On your pic you try currently the neon springs, probably the long versions, as you need no additional spacers in rear? Do you get any advantage compared to the shorter black springs fromthe Pro kit?
And what shock length do you prefer to define the droop?

A lot more secrets to share.Your daughter is a real good driver by the way, saw one of your videos on youtube!

Keep on casing the M05īs !

BR from Europe,
Matthias
In general, I believe everything short makes a car reactive/quick while long makes slower/smoother movements. Right now I just slapped on the softest tamiya springs I could legally use. Will test several tomorrow (long, short, red, yellow, etc). Front shock length is around 55mm (one black oring to limit length) and 57mm rear (no limiters). Uptravel 2mm front, around 4mm rear.

I don't have the pro black springs. Are they as soft as the neon or stiff as the newer thicker red/yellow springs?

Thanks for the kind words. My daughter is already running TC mod (4.5T).

I spent so much time tuning the M05 in 2010 that I'm so sick of it. The M06 is a breath of fresh air, a new challenge

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
@rccartips

On the Tamiya M06 build, race, tune web page it said that you are using 300wt front and 400wt rear oil. Is this correct? Those wt numbers are pretty thick for shocks. Do you mean 30 and 40?
Thanks, I meant 30wt and 40wt. Made the correction.

If you guys have tips, please let me know as well. Right now, I shimmed the slop out of the car, almost zero slop front and rear. But handling became very, how should I say, ugly.