R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:10 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vti-chris
Thanks for the help!

We are just a dosen of racers playing around...drifting and some racing.

There are no rules here so everyone runs whatever he likes.

Do i have to change the front center pulley as well...if i do the rear?
Note that i know nothing about these cars as i race 1/8th nitro buggies.

Will i be better of with the 60A ESC?
Sounds fun!

There are 3 pulleys on the car. There is the center layshaft pulley (2 actually, but they are the same and fit on each side of the spur gear) and then one on each diff. The stock diffs are 38 tooth, and you want to keep them the same as each other (though you could change them both to 37, 39, or 40). The center one stock is 20. With the 20 in the center, and 38's on each end, the belt is tight. You can get 37 tooth pulleys for the diffs which works, or a 19 tooth for the center, which most prefer as it is a one time change, and the stock spur mount is a bit wobbly. If you change the pulleys on the diffs (you have to order them separate), you would also need to do the same on any other diffs you get, and things like the spool and one way are only available in 38 (unless you can find a Tamiya equivalent in a different tooth count).

I am not very familiar with those ESC's, but my vague understanding is that the 35amp is more suited towards 18th scale, 60amp for stock and superstock 10th scale, and 120+ for mod touring. Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm or correct.