R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 06:01 AM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
APP store under RC workbench
Under the app store there are two versions,...one for the ipad and one for the iphone. The iPad version is called "setup workbench HD" and the one for the iphone is called "RC Car Setup Workbench". There is a third version of the app I wrote for full size cars called "Setup", which is essentially the RC app without any specific information related to rc cars. So if you have the iPad app, get the "Setup Workbench HD" version as it will take advantage of the larger screen.

On the android market do a search for "Setup workbench".

Originally Posted by jetbill007
+1, great app... best ten bucks i have spent.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
Okay guys does this car have a flaw? i have a few questions:

Does the new v2 car come with the hard arms?

Does it come with the steering rack change?

Lastly can there be a better car anywhere with this amount of engineering with this low of parts cost?

I have been holding off pulling the trigger and getting this car but it seems stupid not to...Other than the parts flying off the shelves this seems like the best bang for your buck in the TC market even for the budget racer on average there like 2 bucks more than assc. parts i freakin have to say thank you to SERPENT for putting this on the market...And Mr.Crisp your app,books and knowledge on the TC are outstanding and I will be looking for all your insight on here about this car...
I actually prefer the medium plastic on all the parts as this makes the car little more durable for our north american style tracks which tend to be much harder on cars than the EU type tracks. I tried the hard arms the past couple of weekends and broke a couple of arms and chubs. When I run the medium plastic, ie, the ones that come with the kit, I have only had one arm break in a couple of months of driving the car, and that was huge hit.

I really like this car! It is like a cross between a 417 and a T3 with some of it's own unique design ideas as well. I much prefer the standard motor mount as it seems to reduce chassis twist under acceleration compared to the single motor mount. I also like the grey/black spring combo instead of the yelloow/orange combo. Other than that, as much as I don't like running other drivers setups, the factory setup is pretty much what I run after trying many different setups. I focus a lot on the springs and shocks and change the roll centers by 0.5mm to 1.0mm depending on the track and that's it.

Right now I have an LE and the standard edition. I think I like the looks of the standard edition better, so I might switch to running two standard editions. I do however think the LE is fantastic deal, with having the tools and the extra gear diff.

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Got the app very very good great work Martin
thank you!

Last edited by Martin Crisp; 01-25-2012 at 06:27 AM.