R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:14 AM
orcadigital
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
I'm using tamiya yellow mini springs all around on my XI. Standard shocks (threaded), standard retainers, standard towers.

Those springs are measured at 14lbs. I also have 6.5 3Racing springs, which are much harder. Infact, they are slightly harder then trf mini blue, which are 17lbs. The 14lbs support the car fine. I'm confident I could run 12lbs if I wanted to. I'm running 6.5mm ride height with those 14lbs trf mini springs by the way.
Originally Posted by 6376vette
What benefit have you seen from running a very soft spring? In my experience I have never even thought of going softer than 6.5.

Maybe one thing we should be considering in car weight. I'm running 1550g in race trim for the vta class. If you guys are running a much lighter tc weight then I can better understand the lighter springs.
I think back to the main point, we all agree that springs are a tuning aid. Whether you want stiffer or softer, there are many options, the Sakura set being one, as well as the HPI, Tamiya, Associated, etc being others. As such, I think the consensus is that it is recommended to have a variety of springs for tuning the car.

Please continue discussing car setups, but in the terms of setup. I have yet to see an Xray or TC6 setup sheet that claims all other setup sheets are wrong. Scott and I run the same track in the same conditions, in the same class no less. His car setup is about as different from mine as possible. Pros and cons, go go!