R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 AM
ambryatim
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper888
I just bought myself a hyper tt from here with mmp and novak 6.5t hv. how do the novak campare to castle or other motors. Should I sell the novak and purchase another motor? I am crazy for speed and torque. I will probably be getting a gen ace or sky 4s 5000mah lipo for it. I am still in building process fyi.

will the drivetrain handle these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proline-1173...ht_1911wt_1037
The Novak stuff is mostly top notch. If you want speed and keep the larger motor...go for a Novak Ballistic 550 4.5T or a Tekin SC4X 4.5T 550 motor and run it on 2S. These trucks are light and if you have too much power you will not be able to control it and break parts left and right with anything faster IMO.

If you want more speed than torque...try a 6.5T 540 motor (Tekin or Novak)....you will have to gear lower due to the higher KV of the smaller motor but, you will have the speed. The down side is you will have heat issues if you are not careful.

I am running a Tekin SC4X 4.5T with a 15t pinion and stock spur and after 20 minutes of running...My temps are Motor-125F....ESC-95-100F....Battery-100F. You might also look at the Tekin Pro 4 and the Castle 4 pole motors too.

And yes it can handle the badlands...I would run the larger 550 motor if I were going to run those.

Oh, too just some FYI for my issue I was having...I had to turn off my Lipo-cut-off. My batteries are apparently sub par and the esc (Speed Passion GT PRO 2.0) was limiting out put due to that. Now it runs GREAT, just have to watch it closely.

Last edited by ambryatim; 01-24-2012 at 06:30 AM.