R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 01-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Dasmopar
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
While it might appear that I switched sides, I don't believe that to be the case. When I had made those statements, I had only less then great results with the P8C. Then you (Ned) came along and beefed up the front end, we put a stronger front body mount on and we were off to the races. With a lot more run time, the P8C has proven itself to me. It's the real thing and you can buy it now and get parts for it too. If you're racing, that's important!!
I would love to have my old Rick Davis RC 300 or a MRP Pro 180, but not for race day. I remember T-bone winning the Club championship with an out of production MRP pan car. He took the diff apart after every run cause he had to make his last 2 spur gears last to the end of the season(which he did). That was in the early 80s and I'll bet there haven't been any gears made since. At this time, a runnable old pan car is better suited for show, not racing!
Is a 2012 Ford Mustang a better car then a 1965 Mustang? You bet it is. Does the 2012 Mustang cost more then the 1965 Mustang? You bet it does. Is a modern pan car better then a 1970s pan car? On race day, yes! Does it cost more? You bet! But how much did you earn back then compared with today?
LET'S RACE!!
Agree'd