R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 01-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by surveyor6.5
I am only new to top photon and I am having trouble fitting the yokomo
gear diff to my top photon. It seems the rear dogbone (44.5mm) is to long or the outdrive is not deep enough like the ball diff. Is there something I am missing or do I need to order different parts . If possible does anyone have a link or advice please.
Regards Peter
I posted about this some time back, it's not an ideal fit, you need to shim the Yoko diff to one side, but then not 'that' much cause then your belt will run on an angle.

Running the Yoko diff also limits how narrow you can set your rear track, or how much camber you can run, otherwise the blades will rub.

Other tip is sand whatever blades you do use as much as possible on the inside facing into the cup, to give that tiny bit more room.

I was going to try running 44mm bones of a BD5, but never got around to trying it, I'd actually like to narrow my rear track where I run, but can't with the current setup.

In my own Photon news, a friend ran up the back of me full tilt last night when I was stopped (end of race), left side rear arm came off and rear mount went flying into the grass, never thought to order some of those spare metal inserts, cause without it my night was over.

It's interesting that I'm perhaps lucky I never got around to using longer screws into the rear back bulkheads, if I had it may have pulled out the entire thread, as it stands nothing else broke, and it only pulled out a few threads, with a longer screw I won't need to replace the bulkhead.