R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro or electric 1/8 scale?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 AM
rcgirlie
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
If you can get both. I own a Nitro MBX5T and a Tekno MBX5T. Personally though the nitro truggy is without a doubt my absolute favorite!
The sounds, the smell, tuning, never gets old. On the other hand though running a brushless truggy with a 5s or 6s even 4s lipo is just insane. The speed and torque is incredible. If you can afford it. Get two of the same kind like myself. That way you can race two classes using the same platform and enjoy what each has to offer respectively. If you are just looking to maintain one vehicle. NITRO ALL THE WAY!
It's no more troublesome than electric. Like someone stated earlier, when something goes bad on an electric it's usually a major cost to repair and or long wait. When my nitro truck has a problem, usual clutch or tune, 15 minutes with my tools and I'm back out not too mention long as you bring her in to add fuel and rx/tx batteries are good you're rolling.
I will admit though. My brushless truggy will positively smoke the rear hides off my nitro truggy on its worse day! You should go to youtube and see for yourself what you like. Seeing is believing. We all can tell you how we feel but at the end of the day its just our opinion, YOU have to make this decision for yourself!

I am seriously looking into getting back into nitro after 5 years . I see a posting on ebay for MBX5T for pretty cheap on ebay . Is it a pretty good choice for nitro buggy . I mean reliability ?