R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:25 AM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So I have really been struggling with trying to have a consistent car over the course of a day (or evening) of racing. I find that I will often have a car that is absolutely dialed for the first qualifier, but will then be horrible for the rest of the qualifiers and the main. Sometimes it will be great for the 2nd or 3rd qualifier instead of the first one, but what I am trying to get at is that consistency is difficult for me.

I have been trying to make sure that after every run I check ride height and rotate tires, but it seems like I definitely need to be doing more. I also think part of it is adjusting my front doping width to account for grip levels rising over the course of the evening. As such, I am looking for advice on the following:

- Routine post-run to get ready for the next run. Any recommendations for things to do, procedures, anything? Right now I basically just rotate the tires and then check ride height to make sure it is still good. Any tips?

- Also, ride height seems to be something I really need help with. Does anyone know of a guide (or have a brief explanation) of how running equal ride height (front, middle, pod, rear) will differ from having lower middle/pod ride height or even a higher middle ride height?