R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:49 AM
M-Technic
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
are there any firmware updates for the GT2.0 LPF ? I have the software that came on it new.

I don't want to run it Blinky btw..
Yes, 323_Stock is the latest software and it is a large improvement over the stock software for boosted racing. It is available for free download from Speed Passion's web site. You will need the LCD Programmer + USB cable, and a computer, to update the software.

Originally Posted by iwkyb
Hi all,

I am running a MMM 13.5 motor with a Tekin RS pro on 1/10 TC boosted

I am having a lot of issue with fading after 3-4 minutes on the track on a hot day. My ESC setting isn't aggressive (under 45 degrees boost + turbo) and with middle point for ballend advance. The temperature is about 70-75 degrees on the motor when it happens.

I have tried changing the rotor/sensor/sensor cable/different battery and this continues to happen. I also tried low boost setting with 5.5-6 FDR and mid boost setting with 6.5 to 8 FDR - nothing seems to work to keep the temp down.

The only setting so far which I have get away with 6 minutes on the track on a 28+ degree day (or tract temp >50 degrees) is zero boost + FDR 5.5.

I am already not keeping up on the straights with my current setting and I am not sure what more can I do apart from changing motor (many people on my track seems to have issues with SP motors)

Any advice?
Please post your full settings for the Tekin, plus your motor timing and FDR. We can then make some targeted suggestions.