R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 04:53 AM
AnthonyN
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Jerz616;10180308]
Originally Posted by AnthonyN
No, I have not taken the motor apart yet. So, I am not sure I understand.

By Timing ring, do you mean the cent portion of the end bell where the screws were, or the outer portion of the end bell where the timing

Yes. The center portion where the 3 screws are. That piece will come out. I lightly sanded around that center ring to make it turn smoother.
That center piece was not the problem with mine.

The slot in the stationary portion of the end bell was binding against the sensor connector so it would not slide in either direction. I had to take the whole end bell off and sand the crap out of the slide area. Now the sensor connector doesn't bind with the end bell.

However, after assembling the motor, I found if I tighten the motors main screws too tight (not the timing screws), then I can't easily change the timing. I had to back off a little on how tight the main screws are and even then, the timing is difficult to change. I have to use a allen driver in one of the timing screws to rotate it.

Is it supposed to be that way?

I think I got a lemon as far as being able to change the timing. Something doesn't fit just right.

On a positive note, the motor still ran after I put it together.

Now I need to find out what timing to use for the motor and ESC.

I was using 0 timing on the motor and I think I'm around 50% timing in the ESC (I have to check that). All I know is I had to go to 5.0 FDR just to keep up with everyone going down the straigt away. Temps never got over 120F.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's help