R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Flying Monkey
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vampyrehntrd
Hello all,

being new and all and looking at the countless threads I must say the paint jobs are outstanding.

A guy at my local club sold me onto the VTA (funny how there are not trans-ams in VTA) I plan on getting the body for my Mi1 the 105106 - 1970 DODGE CHALLENGER BODY.

Where would I get decals for VTA and would flames be ok for the paint? I plan on doing the car up in an American flag paint job but the flag would be the flame and the car would be another color.

if not I can always do that on a second body.
Yeah you cant beat Carl Seils for decals. He does great work and they last forever.....even when they drag the wall a bunch lol.

As for the flames, alot of people frown on them in VTA and will probably give you a little hell but its your body. Personally I like period correct bodies in the class but have myself added a more "current" flare to my vta bodies in the past. I say do what you want since its your body, just be prepared for a little flack is all.