R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Geberit
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gom
for those of you who tried the new tc6.1 and the old tc6, what is the difference between the new spool and the old slipper spool? performance wise and feel wise.

i am driving a tc6 and the slipper spool seems fine. and it provides a little bit of protection against collisions. is it necessary for me to upgrade to the new spool?

i am asking this because it doesn't make sense for Team Associated to upgrade the slipper spool if it's working as intended. i haven't heard anything really bad about it either. so i thought it might be an upgrade to the performance of the car. just need people who tried both spools to verify that. if it's not a performance upgrade, then why did Team Associated introduced the new spool in their most up to date kit? i am very confused.
I was driving both. The performance is the same if the slipper spool is build correctly (it should be tight enough that it don't slips at normal load only when you crash). Many people at my local track drive the TC6 and didn't manage to build it correctly so they got some weird handling issues till we come up its the slipper spool! The new spool is fix and you can't do anything wrong so for many regular drivers its easier to use. The down side is nothing can ''slip'' when you crash....