R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Hyper_Mike
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow...thanks for quick response!

I have experience running 1/12th scale having had a 12R5 and a Copperhead 12 previously. I guess I'm just a little burned out with all the minute adjustments and tire "voodoo" that seems to go with 1/12th and I was hoping the RM-01 might be a kind of 1/12th scale version of a Tamiya Mini where you just charge the battery, throw it on the track and have fun driving a realistic looking car! I certainly wouldn't expect to WIN anything with it and as long as I'm not a moving chicane for everyone else I think it'd be fun!

Thanks for your insight!

Cheers,
Mike

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Well...
That kind of depends on a few things.
For starters, my R5 is definitely faster on a high grip track, it has a stiff chassis, and many adjustments, if you have experience with that kind of car there will be a certain advantage, make no mistake about that.

However, if the grip is lower, the track bumpier, the driver new to 12th scale....The RM-01 will be as easy as possible to get around at a decent pace.
17.5 boosted would be fine.

I plan on racing this car outdoors on a low to med grip track this spring, and as with the original Racing Master car from years passed, it should be fun, and in the hunt