R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 AM
IndyHobbies.com
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by red7fifty
This is probably the most overlooked chassis set up, that also has the greatest effect if it's out of whack: CHASSIS TWEAK.
Stiff Carbon Fiber chassis cars, won't flex to take up the incorrect shock preload. If one shock is putting more pressure on one tire, it will cause all sorts of handling problems. Doesn't matter if the chassis is completely flat or not, but the tires contact patch pressure must be even. Check on a "Tweak Board". IF you don't have a tweak board, then check "Old School" method. Lift up the front of the chassis, at the center point. Watch the tires. They should lift off the surface at the same time. If they do not, adjust the opposite end of car (rear of the car) shocks by tightening one shock L or R, and loosen the other , until they lift at the same time. Turn the car around, and repeat.
Thanks Red7. Great advice. I will just as you suggested. I found a BIG solution to a lot of the problems I'd been having was the toe-in on the rear end. The chassis came with about 1.5 to 2 degrees of toe-in. The guys at my track told me to make it 3-4 degrees. I put in the inserts to get it to that point (3.5 degrees) and that made a HUGE difference in the way the car drives! I was really happy with what that small change did!