View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #3468
Dog Runner
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Dog Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
5k in the dif??? wow, i had 2k and didnt like it at all, it seemed darty and wanted to follow the track and by that i mean if the track was high in the center it would dart off to whichever side it was on on acceleration. changed to the ball dif on the spot and it stopped??? i just put the gear dif back in today but only put the AE black grease in this time. are you on an indoor smooth track?
A bumpy indoor, but generally high-traction, track. 2K and 3K made it too darty. It wanted to claw all over under full acceleration (a "diff-out" issue perhaps?) 5K seems to make it go straight under hard acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocratic View Post
With the 5k oil, how much resistance is there to opposing rotation? With 3k is really smooth, but really like on the tension.
5K doesn't seem to increase the tension by that much. It still steers just fine. Running a 4-gear rear motor configuration, by the way. Tons of rear traction but it still turns.

A little unconventional, I know. But don't be afraid to try new things to see if it works for you. Maybe it will work for you and your track and maybe not.