R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jdeadman
for VTA (25.5) I would start at about 4.0 FDR but it all depends on the track our indoor track is very tight so we run about 4.5-4.8 FDR

For Servo do with .08 to .1 speed and anything over 75oz
+1 on the FDR and servo. Most of our racers are around 3.7 to 3.8 but get a cooling fan first. As far as weight the car will probably be left side heavy. I would suggest you put as much as will fit in front of the battery. If you need to add more place it behind or on top of the battery. Balance the car 50/50 left to right and as close to 50/50 front to rear as you can get it. Set your ride height then place the car on 4 scales to adjust the pressure applied to each tire. Try to get the fronts to be even then get the rears even. Then add the diagonal weights together and the totals should be close to even. This will make a huge difference in handling.
As far as how much weight to add.....depends on how much aluminium you have. If I remember correctly my box stock zero s needed 70 grams to make 1550. My sons almost stock zero s with the narrow chassis needed 100 grams. My almost full zero needs around 50 grams.