R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Airflow
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
Have you run your kit already? Last year during the TAC qualifiers everybody was running different spring rates front and rear. I was running blue at the rear and yellow in front. Others had it the other way around with blues in front and yellow at the back.

Anyway to answer your question you can either adjust ride height via the pushrods instead of the turning the collar as mentioned above. And you can play around with adding or removing shims at the rocker arm (same effect as moving the shocks at tue shock tower).

For the rocker arms i think the plastic ones work just fine. Just install bearings instead of using the brass bushings for smoother operation.

Hths

I have run my kit over 10 times I think. Yellow at the front? Can you show me a pic so I can see how compressed are your yellow springs at the front, I think it's too soft even if you lengthen the pushrods. Are the bearings for the rocker arms available at Lil's?

Thanks for your help bro. I had lots of 4WD kits before and this kit is almost as good as them with the benefit of a sealed drivetrain.