R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
pettyeagles
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by poeee
Hey guys. Drifting n00b.

I've just bought a TT01 that's had the 3 racing m-chassis conversion second hand.

The yeah racing m-chassis drift wheels that I bought turned up today so I chucked them on and took it for a spin. Not the best drifting experience unfortunately.

I've not touched the diffs since I got it. The rear diff is locked, and the front diff seems quite stiff. I'm thinking the front diff is too stiff, making the front end 'push'.

How should the front diff be set up?

I have some 3 racing m-chassis dampers coming, which should hopefully help things a bit.

I think I have other issues too. I believe it's geared too short.
I have my cars setup completely opposite from each other. One has a solid spool in the front with a diff in the rear. I like this setup for wide sweeping drifts. My other one is setup with locked rear diff and a fairly loose front diff. I prefer this setup for tracks with tight turns. This combo acts like a countersteer setup in belt drive cars where the rear wheels spin faster than the front. I would recomend the front spool setup for beginners because the rear end is more stable and doesn't try to pass the front end.