R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 07:02 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seeds
Newb question- what tuning is there in changing belt tension? Since there are 31 positions for every cam type (tho some are redundant), what's the benefit for one or the other? Is tension directly based on trigger response? There is nothing in the manual. Thanks.
If the belts are too tight, it'll feel like there is "drag brake", and it causes excessive motor heat. It can also cause the back end to kick around if only the rear belt is too tight.

Belts that are too loose are prone to falling off the pulleys under hard braking or acceleration.

I typically like them to feel a little "springy".... basically as loose as you can reasonably get them. Hard to say in a post, and I can't say run camholder in position X because that depends on belt wear and diff location. Have a local hotshoe feel them for you!

Also with lower turn motors I like the belts a hair tighter than usual, because of the extra power! You can run them in this manner for stock speeds for a bit more response..... just don't overdo it!