R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Martin Crisp
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Martin,

It is my experience that a more narrow track makes for more traction. What am I experiencing here ?? It definitely makes that end of the car less forgiving, and seems like it changes direction quicker.
Whenever you make the track width on a car wider it will jave more lateral grip. i explain the math behind this in my RC SETUP WORKBENCH app. Yes the car will feel more twitchy especially in chicanes with the narrow rear end as the rear will roll more. as to why it might feel more stable mi cant really say without knkwing the resr of your setup.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Martin I'm wondering which car you ended up running in the video post on the Awesomatic forum. Was it the LE or the other? To confirm what is the chassis thickness of the one you ran? Have you tried the hard parts yet? Can you post your most recent setup? Thanks
I ran the standard kit. In the main my car had a severe tweek in the chassis eual to 2 comomete turns on the front right shock make the car have a severe oversteer turning left and a big push turning right. if you watch the car on the opening lap and around the 6 min point in the video yiu can see how much it slides going inti the left jNder after the high soeed chicane in the middle of the track.

I was only able to do 10.3 second laps in the main where the day before i did 9.9 so the car was not at its best in the main. by the way the best lap i did with my xray on the same layout a couple of weeks ago was a 10.2. so the sepent at 9.9 is very quick when I set it up right

I ran the 2.25 chassis with the normal uppr deck and the DJC.

I will upload my setup later.