R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 AM
flame56mx
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arn671
Cpt.America, wondering if you have an idea of whether or not the Durango BB shocks would work on an RB5 SP2? I currently have the K-car but was very interested in trying the 210 to compare. If the shocks work on the K-car it would be a bonus!
I remember early on you were having diff isues? I was on vacation for a while and haven't been able to follow the progress, obviously the car is working well for you now, what was the issue?
What are your thoughts on the Rb5 compared to the 210? Usually racing at TRCR but am planning to head to BRCR hopefully soon.
Thanks.
Happy New Year
I know this question wasn't aimed at me, but if you dont mind I can offer some insight..The shocks would work, but they will not be a direct bolt on, as the shafts are quite a bit longer and would have an extreme amount of internal limiting, the bodies are similar in length. You would also have to do some testing to get them to feel/work similar on the RB5 as well. The diff issues involved the thrust bearing internal cir-clip. The one that comes with the kit is stainless, and has very little spring, so once it has been compressed it doens't like to rebound. It is basically is a one time (carefully) use, and then replace. Most have replaced with a spring steel clip, and that seems to resolved the issue. We found the Fastenal or Xray clips work great. The Rb5 and dex210 to me are very similar, the Rb5 has more on power steering, and the 210 has more on power rear traction, owning both and driving them back to back, but the 210 seems more like a tuners car.

Originally Posted by Sleepstream
Didnt know my question was complex.. lol.

Let me rephrase my 2 questions.

Which part of the chassis do you put the ride height gauge under?

Shock has No binding.. I can lift the rear end of the car without the tires lifting of the ground for a fair bit(above 30mm ride height gauge) in a smooth action.

Read somewhere on the thread had to wind down the shock collars all the way down to get 22mm ride height.

I check mine towards front chassis behind the front arms, and the rear of the car. It really depends on which gauge you have, and how/where works best for you. And getting the right ride height depends on which springs you run, as different oils, springs rates, battery packs, shock mount positions-etc will all play a part in ride height, so my shock collars will different than yours, theirs, etc. I would take what you read on here as a guideline, and add to the routine you may already have...Happy new year, and good racing...

Last edited by flame56mx; 01-01-2012 at 07:01 AM.