R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2012
Thread: Xray T3 2012
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orci77
When I changed to Xray (T2'009) I was impressed because you feel every change on the car. For me this is by now typical for Xray. Obviously same on the T3'012.

The body makes a big difference to what I have experienced so far. Bought a Protoform R9-R because I was tolded it gives good steering. But it is undrivable on tight fast tracks with chicanes. Run the LTC-R which is smoother. But the Mazda is even more neutral and I dont have any problems with too less steering.

I am still running the basic carpet setup till now except I changd to 2000 oil in the gear diff and use a more inner hole in the shock towers. Did you try to shim the shocks in front? Calms down the car a lot.
I could imagine that removing the inner shim on the rear upper linkage might also help.

Yep I have tried a bunch of things...shimming out the shocks is just one on a long list of things I have tried. I will keep working at it...I think finding the right setup for each person is a matter of driving style and track conditions.

I went up from 700CST to 1000CST and this seems to be better at my track.

I will be spending another 10-12 hours at the track today working through different setup options and will let you guys knows what I come away with.