R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi1
Thread: Schumacher Mi1
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
I'm a bit confused as to why you would even compare the MI1 against a Sakura XI. The MI1 in basic form is a apples to oranges comparison. The XI is a high performance chassis. Then again, put threaded shocks,a carbon fiber chassis and anti roll bars on a MI1 and I'm sure it would be very close in performance.
If anything, the right comparison would be a MI1 against a Sakura S.
If you like Schumacher as I do and want performance at higher levels, find a used MI4LP. We race on a 80x45 asphalt lot with VERY technical layouts. The Schuie ROCKS !
Apart from threaded shocks, my mi1 is as you said above. Cf chassis, shock towers and top deck, alloy diff housings and layshaft mount, alloy suspension mounts, roll bars...

The reason I compare those 2 is because I own both and have raced both on the same tracks with the same setups. And so far I have spent less on the XI (including the price of the chassis) on the Mi1.

Should I compare it to a chassis I've never owned or raced in the same class? Can you really compare a $100 chassis to $165 one? I think a closer comparison would be a TC5 @$199.