R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 AM
bucketboy
Tech Regular

I have finished the build of my A700, so here is my first impressionns.

Opening the box, the quality of the componants are superb, all parts fitted together exactly, this is by far the best engineered model car I have ever built (coming from an engineering back ground I found the car easy build and took me no longer to assemble than any other car)

Both rotating mass and fiction of the drive train are as low as is practically possible as is the C of G. I have no doubt that this car will be a racing rocket an should be able to carry a lot of corner speed.

The steering rack and the suspension, not only do they work extemely well but are a work of art in their own right. The suspension and camber/castor links give infinite and minute adjustment allowing small and incramental set up changes with just an allen key or turnbuckle wrench.

So all good so far

Prior to ordering I did have some reservations about its durability.........and I still do. The small E clips on the drive pins, and the plastic C clips on the suspension balls look like they will pop off to easily. The sprung rear drive shafts and the sprung collar on the front ECS look to me as they might fly apart, the front bumper looks a bit weak and the alli W that holds the rear body post looks like it might bend in an accident. Hopefully I am proved wrong when I get around to racing it.

Overall I am very pleased with the car, the inovation and no compromise attention to detail is a testament to Oleg's skill as a designer, well done fella