R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "How To Properly Build And Break In a Ball Differential and Slipper Clutch"
Old 12-24-2011, 04:20 AM
B-FAST R/C
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NLpurplelambo43
So I just got a B-Fast Pro Drivers kit with the carbide diff balls and the ceramic thrust balls.

I accidentally dropped one of the carbide balls into the carpet, I went over it a bunch with a magnet with no luck.

Now I need to know, could I just use one Team Associated carbide diff ball with the rest being B-Fast carbide diff balls?

I am really pissed off at the moment..

Thanks.
You can use another .093" (3/32") carbide ball but the diff may not last as long. Our balls are made to our specs, every ball in each batch (5000 balls) is within our set tolerance in diameter to each other. There is a difference in size that will most likely happen with a replacement ball of a different brand. If the ball is larger the extra pressure it will endure will cause it and the ring to fail prematurely. If the replacement ball is smaller than it would be like running without a ball in that position. I replied your FB post.

Adawg, if you are asking about B-FAST diff rings, no sanding is needed. That is what you are paying me for. I machine them and two step hand finish each ring on both sides. You can sand the groove from a worn out B-FAST ring.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you all
Fred

ps Place a nylon stocking over the end of a vacuum hose and suck up that diff ball. You may get lucky and find it

Last edited by B-FAST R/C; 12-24-2011 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added a tip