R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:37 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rinolino
Well said Pato, someone needs to come with a coherent set of rules, otherwise it will be imposible to unify the class. Thats what makes sedan and 1/8 onroad so popular and I believe GT has a big chance too.

Pato hope to see you in Peru next year, I am planing on taking the new Serpent GT.

Happy Holidays!!
There are coherent rules already in place for much of GT racing. Their base was the rules that were established by Bernie & company from the Midwest Series way back in 2007. The RC Pro Series expanded on them a bit and then Ipanema expanded on them further. I read all those rules and based much of the rules for GT racing in Texas back in 2009 off those very same rules, tweeking them here and there as needed. However, the contingency that doesn't like those rules because of personal anemosity towards "certain" individuals is why there is always conflict in the class. I have put it to anyone to read the rules from the Midwest series and Ipanema and tell me what is not fair about those rules; no one has said much of anything other than ROAR needs to come out with rules for the class. So, it is not that the rules out there aren't fair, it is just because of those who had established said rules aren't like by those that argue against them. I have raced many races under the Midwest/Ipanema guidelines and have never heard anyone at those races complain about the rules. They are open to all car brands, tire brands, body brands, etc, with the only restrictions being established for Spec-class racing as to distinguish it from Open-class racing.