R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:56 AM
oeoeo327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
I am having a problem with my xl hooking/spinning and/or diffing out in one direction (fast right turns past 90°). The car tweaks level (both on a station with the coins)and is balanced. Tubes have fresh grease and the rear springs are fairly new. I cant feel any binding in the rear pod.

Worked on it all day Saturday but could not get it fixed. What should I start checking? I thought maybe a weak front spring??
Check the front springs (I'd replace them every week), and make sure that they are roughly the same height. They would need to have the same amount of preload (or droop, if that's what you prefer) to allow the car to turn to either side equally. Make sure that there's nothing binding in the front suspension (kingpins, pivot balls, etc.) that could make the car transfer weight improperly. Other things to check include:

- steering symmetry (steering lock should be equal to both sides - you might be getting more throw to the right than the left).
- make sure that the rear axle is centered in the rear pod. Use axle shims to center the axle, and don't be shocked if there are more shims on one side to center things properly.