R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Exotek F1R
Thread: Exotek F1R
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Mike is that the only real benefit to the lay down servo setup is weight bias?
Yes, all about moving the weight to the back which is helpful if you run a shorty pack on medium to low grip tracks. Shorty packs seem to be a little more responsive so moving the weight bias back settles it back down.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Hey Mike,

Any chance I could talk you into making a side shock mount that will fit this pod?

http://www.rcmart.com/rc-f104-trg510...a-p-32367.html

Very cool pod that I would love to be able to use.
Looks very cool but not likely.

Originally Posted by TM America

I have my Exotek F1R completely built and ready to put on the track as soon as I get my body painted. I love F1 so this car is going to be fun to driver!

In January we will also have a F1 Pro Tire. The rim will be a different size which will increase speed and turning performance. GQ Tires are always perfection and GQ continously looks to manufacture faster tires.

Can find them at Bruckner Hobbies, SpeedWorld or at GQ America.(website listed below)

Happy Holidays to all !
I have F1 Foam arbors that would be quite handy for these

Originally Posted by rcdave1
Spent a few hours at the track last night and worked with the center shock and found the steering I was looking for, wow the F1R really came to life. Saturday is our last points race for the fall and I think I will use the F1R instead of the 109!
Glad to hear!

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
got my kit today and have it all done minus the electronics, pretty nice conversion When running the Shimizu rear tires, are people really running those thin inserts that come with the tires? Wanted to check before I glued them up.
Yes! Pit must have done their homework because this tire set works surprisingly well even in the cold.

I took 1st place at last weekends 13th annual Toys 4 Tots race running the 72 hard rears with 74 soft fronts. Car was planted even in 15deg C weather on an outdoor parking lot track

Last edited by MikeR; 12-15-2011 at 12:00 PM.