R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jneg
The race will be held from March 21-25 at Barceloneta RC Speedway in Puerto Rico. The track is located about 45 minutes from the Luis Munoz Marin International Airport. The best hotels are about 25minutes from the track, look for hotels in the Dorado but you can stay in San Juan or in Isla Verde where there are many more hotels. There are a few Paradores (small hotels) near the track but they are not the cheapest hotels. As far as Nitro Fuel there are many brands available from Byron's, Sidewinder, O'Donnell, Power Master (VP Fuels), among others.

The track has 2 long straights, the smaller one is 175ft long and the longest one is about 225ft. The total racing line is from 950-1000ft total. The weather in march is very good with an 85F average. With the Humidity it can feel in the 90's. I hope this helps you guys out a little. I will try to answer any questions as soon as possible.

Here is a Google Earth picture of the Track:

There will be four categories open to anyone. These are; Gt Spec, Gt Open, Gt Electric, Gt Outlaw. The spec, open and electrics will use the same basic rules as the previous world championships (I will post them as soon as possible). The new class is the GT Outlaw where there are no limits on chassis, weight, etc. In the Outlaw class one can use belt driven cars like the European Rally Game Cars or one can use the shaft driven cars. The race fee and schedule are being work on right now but again as soon as I have something I will let you guys know.

Here is the official race site:
http://gtworldchampionships.com/default.aspx

Rules:
http://gtworldchampionships.com/GT1ClassRules.aspx
After having run on this track, I can tell you it will separate the pretenders from the contenders. If you don't drive a good line around this track, the local competition alone will eat you for lunch. You had better bring your A-game to this track, you will definitely need it.