R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 PM
1FastVW
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleepp
Hello gentlemen!

I have a few questions that are very important - to me anyway.

I'm trying to get up-to-date information on some of the chassis that are popular these days - to create a new race body. That PF-8 GT is getting long in the tooth - if ya know what I mean.

I had hoped that the GT2 cars (with the longer wheelbase) would eventually be popular for racing - however it seems that this is not happening.
WHY? Don't they handle as well? What's the reason that I don't see any in the photo's of winners on the podium? All I see is the shorter GT1/DM1 Spec type cars.

Do you think that there is a future for the longer wheelbase GR2 type format? I like the looks of them personally - because a racebody can be designed to look more realistic. (just my personal preference) Any thoughts to add?

I appreciate all your input. When responding, please let me know what country you are from.

THANKS! - Dale Epp - Protoform
I think the lack of official bodies for the GT2 is a big part of the problem. I run the Audi DTM (awesome realistic body) and that was the whole point of me racing GT was for the realistic appearance (BTW where's the protoform GT2 body????) If we had better selection of realistic bodies you might see more increased interest of the GT2 platform at the podium...my 2 cents NY, USA...