R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 PM
FauxMako
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chooby
Hi Mike

That's cool but what about the 2 washers, what size are those and can you buy them in packs ????

I was planing on using the alloy gear holder and 19T pulley.

Michael
I don't have my car or manual in front of me, but I'm pretty sure I just used the ones that came with the car.

Just realized I have the PDFs of the manuals on the computer. You are correct, there were additional washers with one of the upgrades.

The layshaft ends up like:
spacer, washer, pulley, bearing, gear holder, gear, gear holder, bearing, pulley, washer, spacer

From the Zero manual:
spacer: m5 x 0.2mm
washer: m12 x 0.85mm

Scrolling through and looking at the pics of the upgrade parts it looks like the washers come with the lay shaft (SAK-06) so I guess I was wrong before and at least ordered that since I know I've got those pink washers in there. (Because everyone knows, pink anodizing, like stickers, is worth at least .1s a lap)

Other than the washer, the manuals show the rest of the parts on the lay shaft are the same between the Zero and the Zero S. Next time I'm in the parts box I'll have to see if I have a second lay shaft and compare them. According to the manuals they have the same dimensions.

Last edited by FauxMako; 12-11-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Doh