R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Good starter nitro buggy for new racer?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
WindsorRacing
Tech Initiate

Post Good starter nitro buggy for new racer?

I tried posting this last night, and it did not stick. I checked out some similar threads on here and had some different questions than what was posted.

I am brand new to the sport, and am eager to get into racing due to a recent move and some great property nearby for racing. I have more than a basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering and know with a little research and work, I can figure out the ins and outs of this great hobby.

I have completed a lot of research on Nitro Buggys and Truggys and wanted to go to the general public for a final opinion. I am looking for an RTR or kit that has minimal assembly to start, so I can learn as I go and work on replacement parts and upgrades as needed. I am not afraid of some assembly, I just want to make sure I get my toolbox in order and get off and running smoothly. I am looking to spend about $450 new or used to start.

I have two racing enthusiast contacts who recommended the OFNA Ultra LX One 1/8th Buggy as a starter. Another friend recommended a used HotBodies D8 and one more discussed HPi.

In about a year, money will be no object for me, so my budget restraints are confined to the present. Any good advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!