R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - PT Raceway NEW TRACK Level Green, Murrsyville, Pittsburgh, Penn Trafford, Irwin
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Ostach24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

as far as mod monster i dont see a problem with running whatever for the time being. As soon as there are a lot of guys we can work out the rules. There should be a certain height, but I think we should not allow converted stadium trucks. We had a lot of guys upset before when the sts would win.

For box stock the track has a box stock class. yes, some cars come with 17 turn brushed and others 3300 equivalent to a 13.5 and the trx system which is equal to a 10.5 or more. The track knows that they are not the same but they are run together because that is how they come out of the box. the class is meant for guys who just go out and buy a vehicle and want to run. Most likely those guys who just get into it are not capable of running with modified guys and the motors are not equal to 17.5 so they shouldn't run with stock. If it was run how the old unemployment office was they should actually be in a novice class. This lets them all run together and have a good time.

It was mentioned before that the box stock class should be just that and nothing else. Servos and radios make a huge difference, but since so many guys want a certain radio and the speedos and servos fry. The track said that it should be the rtr esc and motor, tires are optional and so is the radio and servo once it fries.

If we had enough guys who wanted to run only sc10s or only t4s or whatever then okay, but when we start splitting everything up we will end up with many classes of 2 or 3. If you guys still want to run with 2 that is fine, you can run it that way. I know to me it is always more fun when there is 4 or 5 total with a few heats of that class so there is a battle to get into the A main.