Search

RPP CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default RPP CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE

Sunday 2/26/2012 I made an online order. I looked everyday to see if it had been shipped. my order status never showed the order being shipped. on 2/29/2012 I called to see about my order. She couldn't find it at first. When she did find it she said that it was refunded the same day. She said because it was being shipped to a diffrent location than the billing address. I have had a ton of stuff shipped to hotels and have never had any issues. I did not get an email that my money was refunded. I never got an email stating there was a problem with my order.I never got a courtesy call to say hey we just wanted to make sure this was all legitimate or that my money was put back on my card and they cancelled my order.She then told me that I could reorder the stuff but I had to do it online. Now there was a problem with my online order the first time nothing would change. I was polite and said ok and that I would do it right away and when she recieved it if she could call me back to confirm everything was ok. She said no she couldn't call me back cause she was leaving. She did however say I could call back and talk to someone else. I figured that she couldn't talk to someone else there to take care of the customer. I went back online to find the kit I wanted and to my misfortune it was now out of stock. Maybe if I recieved a courtesy email or phone call to take care of the customer it would have been instock and I could have my kit. I honestly believe that there service doesn't rock cause if it did they would have taken care of the customer instead of just pretty much just blowing them off. I feel as that my $600 order was a mere nothing to them.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

That stinks Neil...in this economy you would think a $600 order would mean something to them...

Last edited by 92 vert; 03-01-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
RCTech Advertiser

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello Neil

My name is Corey, I am the owner of Rpp Hobby. I am very sorry for your unhappy experience.

I am the one who canceled and refunded your order the same day it was placed. You should have seen it canceled the 1st time you checked your order status.

We clearly state in more than 1 place during check out that we do not ship to addresses other than your billing address.

By what our shipping terms are, your order looked to be a blatant fraudulent order by it shipping to a Hotel. When we receive orders that do not meet this we cancel and refund to protect the card holder. Unfortunately With the volume of orders that we process we do not have time to contact all orders that do not pass our fraud screening.

Had the order conformed to the terms and conditions, all of this could have been avoided.

It is standard practice that we ask the customer to re place orders on line with the proper information. Your situation was brought to my attention, and had you placed your order and called a back as she requested, I could have approved your order for shipping. She was going to be unavailable for the remainder of the day and we do not have the staff to monitor the orders as they come come in, that is why she asked you to call back after you had placed your new order.

Thank you, Corey

Old 02-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Great service!!

Just wanted to say i deal with them and have never had a problem and the fastest at processing orders.Great job!!
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Hello, Corey

If this is the case then why would your check out let me put in a diffrent shipping address? If this is the case it should automaticaly fill in the shipping with the credit card billing address Period.Why even have a seperate shipping address bar? When I did call she said she could ship it to the hotel. I did get an email with my order confirmation order#42394. When I did look up my order status on your website under my account it did not show anything. I figured it will come up when it is shipped out. This is why I called cause it never had any information and I was wondering what was going. With the day and age we live in, most people work. A lot of people just have stuff shipped to there work cause they are not home. I just don't understand.

Bottom line is that a simple email or phone call in which my phone # is required on your check out would have solved everything. I understand fraud is a big problem these days but not even the courtesy to contact me. I truly hope that in the future you take the time to give your customers what ever the problem may be a courtesy call before just cancelling there order.

Neil

My name is Corey, I am the owner of Rpp Hobby. I am very sorry for your unhappy experience.

I am the one who canceled and refunded your order the same day it was placed. You should have seen it canceled the 1st time you checked your order status.

We clearly state in more than 1 place during check out that we do not ship to addresses other than your billing address.

By what our shipping terms are, your order looked to be a blatant fraudulent order by it shipping to a Hotel. When we receive orders that do not meet this we cancel and refund to protect the card holder. Unfortunately With the volume of orders that we process we do not have time to contact all orders that do not pass our fraud screening.

Had the order conformed to the terms and conditions, all of this could have been avoided.

It is standard practice that we ask the customer to re place orders on line with the proper information. Your situation was brought to my attention, and had you placed your order and called a back as she requested, I could have approved your order for shipping. She was going to be unavailable for the remainder of the day and we do not have the staff to monitor the orders as they come come in, that is why she asked you to call back after you had placed your new order.

Thank you, Corey

[/QUOTE]
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is as ignorant as the guy who gets pulled over on the highway and gets a ticket for speeding because HE DID NOT READ THE SIGN.

You clearly have NO idea how much work it is to run a business let alone run an online business. Furthermore, you don't understand how if he "gave a courtesy call" (or email or telegraph or carrier pigeon) to every person who doesn't follow the directions legal or otherwise that his day would be 100% full of dealing with said idiots.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't be the guy who is unaccountable for HIS lack of understanding, then when the owner comes in and apologizes (even though it is unwarranted) and you still complain.

FOR THE RECORD: I haven't purchased a SINGLE thing from RPP but I would 100% order from them.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:14 PM
RCTech Advertiser

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeTRON
This is as ignorant as the guy who gets pulled over on the highway and gets a ticket for speeding because HE DID NOT READ THE SIGN.

You clearly have NO idea how much work it is to run a business let alone run an online business. Furthermore, you don't understand how if he "gave a courtesy call" (or email or telegraph or carrier pigeon) to every person who doesn't follow the directions legal or otherwise that his day would be 100% full of dealing with said idiots.

BOTTOM LINE: Don't be the guy who is unaccountable for HIS lack of understanding, then when the owner comes in and apologizes (even though it is unwarranted) and you still complain.

FOR THE RECORD: I haven't purchased a SINGLE thing from RPP but I would 100% order from them.
Thank you Sir
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

RPP hobby's customer service kicks @$$. A couple of days ago I sent an email about my order and Corey hooked me up like every other customer(My signature says "EB48 Coming Soon, guess what store its coming from?). If you wanted higher prices and an owner who was difficult to get a hold of, you should have ordered from somewhere else. I would have rather had one of my orders cancelled because of a dumb mistake that I made then run the risk of having a fraudulent order placed in my name.

p.s.-The fact that Corey found your thread on this forum and explained what happened speaks loads about the quality of RPP customer service.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oldanski311

p.s.-The fact that Corey found your thread on this forum and explained what happened speaks loads about the quality of RPP customer service.
EXACTLY.