Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
reliable vendors >

reliable vendors

reliable vendors

Old 01-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default reliable vendors

I decided to branch out with my search from Tower Hobbies and found that many kits can be had for MUCH less elsewhere. Rcmart and Speedtech RC to list two. However RCmart appears to not be in the US and Speedtech has nearly everything listed as out of stock or preorder.

So who's reasonably priced as far as kits go and has an accurate site and is in the US. Yes I know I ask for a lot.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

First support your local track or shop they can match or beat towers anyday!

Speedtech is in the states. Very good to deal with but also very race oriented. So dont expect to find last years models instock. They carry whats hot today.

RCMART is in hongkong. Shipping is the make or break in most of my dealings with them. I have used them and they are very good with customs declarations and shipping methodes but some heavier items get costly to ship(speeking as a canadian buyer, usa buyers may have less issues)

You could check out www.greathobbies.com as well they are located in canada and have a nice online shop(kind of a smaller canadian version of tower hobbies) Keep in mind prices are CND but u may find that after the currency conversion u will get the items cheaper then you would locally.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

stormerhobbies.com are good, and in the states
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default vendors

I think I can help you with that I have everything you could need . I have a ebay store at jbent5509. If you don't see it let me know I do have it.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jbenthobbies
I think I can help you with that I have everything you could need . I have a ebay store at jbent5509. If you don't see it let me know I do have it.
any RC tech disscounts
Old 01-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default vendors

Just tell me what you need. Send me a private message.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

On local shops, here in Bend they're in short..a joke. Charge too much, have next to nothing in stock, minimum of a week wait, etc, generally DO NOT price match. Unacceptable and they wonder why no one shows any interest in doing anything.

When I lived in NY it wasn't an issue, retail prices although high were hagglable if one raced there on a regular basis, and by the time it was done less was spent than mail order. It just made sense.

Now as for what I need, so far a TA05 kit, preferably the NSX, still debating about speed control. I've got a space reciever and for the learning to drive a new ride stage the 540 motor will be adequate. Back when I was into this pretty deep Tekin was a middle of the road company, from what I'm seeing now they're focusing on upper end.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

You can also try www.ultimatehobbies.com a try. The web site is a Joke but the store is huge. It would be best to pick up the phone and call for pricing and shipping costs.