Like Tree2Likes

Old nitro fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gentoo
OK that's what I kinda thought.

I'm still learning about the whole nitro thing - I am impressed with myself every time I get it to start lol. Been watching youtube videos on tuning it up. Keeping it rich so I don't ruin the engine.

Thanks for the help guys!
The sound the engine makes will give you a far better "tell" as to how the engine is running than nearly any other factor. Reading your glow plug is kind of an art as well, but reading the glow plug will tell you where the engine is at in the tune. A black plug base is lean, shiny and clean/no discoloration is rich, and a dark honey color is about perfect. The element should be shiny - if the element is hazy gray, you're at peak mixture and should back off a tad richer. If the element is distorted or melted looking, you're too lean. If the element is mashed into the cavity, you're overcompressed.